Saturday, March 8, 2014

math for St. Patrick`s Day!

Top o`the morning to you!  I love teaching children how to love math. I was recently at the Dollar store for some inspiration and didn't see much for St. Patrick`s Day...but I did find foam shamrocks....yay! So then I went on over to Party City....that is the place ya`ll! I grabbed some erasers and some coins, more paper shamrocks,  and leprechaun pots....what a fun trip!

Then, I thought about the needs of my students and how each one would love to learn that lesson. I created an addition/subtraction game (which by the way I am giving away free on my teachers pay teachers store) 



My students enjoyed this game so much....I really like hands on learning and I have found in my years as an educator....that is the best way to engage a 6 to 7 year old into loving and learning math!




Here are some more hands on math I made for my students....LOVE IT!! 
I hope you enjoyed these ideas! I would love to hear about your ideas too! What exciting lessons do you create for math?

No comments:

Post a Comment