Wednesday, October 23, 2013

PUMPKIN DAY!! We had a blast on our Pumpkin exploration! I created a book: My Pumpkin Exploration Book for my students. I will put this on my Tpt store as a freebie in a day or tonight if I can. Dinner isn't gonna cook itself:) First we measured the circumference, and learned a new vocabulary word...bonus!
Then we estimated how many cubes high our pumpkin was.
Next we put our pumpkin into a bucket of water...Will it sink or float?
It Floats!!! We pulled out the ooey gooey stuff...
...and counted the seeds. Then, with the assistance of my wonderful hubby...we made a Jack-O-Lantern!
Happy Halloween to everyone!! Finally, we made yummy Pumpkin Pie in a Cup. Here's what you need: cups, spoons, tablespoon, pumpkin puree, vanilla puddking, and graham crackers. I let my students come up buffet style. I gave them a scoop of vanilla pudding, then they measured two tablespoons of pumpkin puree and grabbed a few graham crackers. Mix, mix, mix and enjoy. I included this response sheet as well in my freebie:)
Please check out this and other lessons at my Teachers Pay Teachers store...just click the button over there:)

No comments:

Post a Comment