Monday, September 16, 2013

Fancy Nancy!

We have been busy busy in First Grade! I just love Fancy Nancy books. They are such a wonderful way to teach vocabulary. I sort of dress up as Fancy Nancy...I throw a Boa on:) That is just enough glam:) Then I write the words onto chart paper and teach them to my students. I read the story aloud and as I come to a Fancy Word I point my Fancy wand pointer and the children read the word from the chart. Once we have read the book, it is time for Workstations. Here are some pics of my workstations I do...
I made these vocabulary cards and definitions. We play memory, vocab sort,etc...I also created other response sheets to go along with any Fancy Nancy story and the characters in my Fancy Nancy Common Core Unit. Click on the Teachers Pay Teachers button and take a look at the unit. My students love Fancy Nancy Day! and so do I:)Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment