Wednesday, February 12, 2014

data notebooks

I am soooooo glad I finally decided to do data notebooks! They have made life very easy when it comes to keeping track of my firsties progress....or in a few cases....no progress. In those few cases (3 to be exact) I can then create a small reading group for those children and voilĂ ...problem solved. I created my own data notebooks to use for my students and my team of teachers. You can find these at my teacher pay teachers store by clicking the tpt button :) Here's a few pics.
first we read a story. It might be from our reading series and/or a story of the week.
This week we used Go To Sleep Groundhog! I chose a response sheet that targeted the skills we are learning. These response sheets are super duper because they each (over 70) have the Common Core stander at the bottom for you to seeand record into their data notebooks. Plus it shows parents what their child is learning....love it!
Next...if they have mastered the skill I record it in their data notebook....or just highlight the standard...easy peasy!
for each standard they master, my students earn a colorful card on a ring. This way my students and their parents see the progress they are making. Yay!
please see my earlier post from June on how I put my notebooks together. It is aaesome fun to do! I love Michael's craft store so I went crazy putting mine together.
Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment